Jungle in Hotel Bloom

Room 824


Artists Statement.

My work manifests itself in every kind of image or spatial creation. I started my studies with photography. I learned to see the world trough a camera lens. The pictures give another dimension of the space we are living in. It’s what interests me the most, being able to interpret things in a way that is only possible trough art. My works are often inspirited by the architecture of our cities and the flow of life in all its aspects. There’s always a social and human aspect in my work, even if the human figure is absent. I try to understand our society and its way of working. Last year, I worked with a 3D program called Maya that made it possible to deform and distort a city. The Crushed Apple, is a reinterpretation of NYC. The images created remind me of the history of this big city and its complexity in many regards.



JUNGLE. 2008

Jungle is the project I realised for Hotel Bloom. I reinterpreted nature trough the paint medium. I have Latin American roots and while working on the fresco, the project adapted itself. The colours changed in comparison with the photographic model I had and they became tributary of each other, like every touch of paint is related to the next one. The wall became a voice telling me a story, the story of my artistic work. I wanted it to be a window on another dimension. I think you can travel when seeing a painting. Here, the wall moves you to another place.